Intra apartment Tennis Tournament After a gap of nearly 7 years I took part in a tennis tournament at my apartment community in Bangalore. Unlike the younger days when I used to participate in league matches, I was a bit rusty on the tournament front. The funny thing is I do not find many women playing in the community. Hence to have a separate women’s tournament at the community is impossible. Therefore I persuaded my tennis male buddies to allow me to participate in the tournament when the idea was first mooted. They did not need much persuasion as they know I am a certified tennis lover like all of them. This brings an important point, most minorities just want to be treated equally and get a seat at the table. Game,set and match I knew my shot of winning a tournament like this was a long one. There were several disadvantages like weight, an average serve, weak backhand and inability to have a good court coverage. The thing that was going for me was my enthusiasm with the game ...
I was listening to Norah Jones and I felt this was an apt song for me too. I sometimes wonder we human beings are always striving towards that unreachable star. We always seem to be on the hope for something better. I wonder if it's really stupid of me to travel all the way to another part of the globe, to spend so much of money in pursuit of what? One way it's great, you get to see another part of the world, learn about their culture, learn about your own culture and get to interact with some new professors. Why is it that people who come here never wanna go? I guess it's the comfort i.e materialistic. You need to make a lot more money to get this in India but there is family and of course familiarity. Most of my friends are here. It's not funny the number of people from church park and PSG who are here. In fact I am not sure if I would have spoken to so many PSGians in chennai. I am sort of going through the same emotions that went through me while I was in bombay. I...
Sometimes there is a song stuck in your head and no matter what you do, it never goes out of your mind. Most of these songs are cheesiest tamil or hindi numbers. SO I think of other songs to prevent these raunchy numbers from replaying in my mind. I wonder if this happens to a lot of people?? So today I woke up and while I was humming to myself in the shower, what should be the song that props up?? "Ramnarayan" (that cheesy govinda number) !YES!!! So that just would not get out of my mind. So I tried remembering other songs. I had a lot of wierd songs playing in my mind all throughout this morning because of that. I tried "sound of music" ('Maria and being nunly'). Then because of that hangover I had "I am sixteen.." going on. I infact told this guy "you need someone to care of you"! He thought I was mad. Now "turn me on" by Norah Jones. Atleast it is better than last week's "kaizaloo". Yeah blame it on my limite...
Comments